Monday, February 2, 2009

UT Trip

Our trip to UT was fantastic! We had so much fun seeing family and friends. We began our trip from Arizona at 70 degrees and landed in 20-30 degree weather in SLC. I thought I would freeze right off, but it wasn't so bad. We spent a couple of days in Draper and got to visit with my mom and sister there. Both have very beautiful homes so it was fun to see all the work they had put into them. Draper is a nice place, but extremely windy.
Our next stop was Logan where we got to stay with Raquel's family, hang-out with Mindy's fam., and see some of our friends. During our stay in Logan we attended a wedding for James's best friend in the Idaho Falls temple. Talk about extreme cold. . . I thought we were all going to die while taking pictures outside. Actually it was a beautiful sunny day, but so stinkin cold. Anyway, it took me a long time to thaw from that. It was fun to be able to attend the temple though and I'm always excited to go to sealings. Nothing like being reminded of how wonderful and eternal your marriage is.
After our stay in Logan we headed to West Point to spend a few days with Lance and his family. On our last day we met up with James's sisters Michelle, Jen, Cami and their fams. We went sledding. This was a first for Brody and he absolutely loved it. He laughed the whole way down and wanted to keep going. He didn't however like the snow he got in his face when he did a face plant. I think that was a shock to his system!! After sledding we had a fantastic lunch and visited for awhile then it was off to the airport and home.
I want to thank everyone for letting us stay with them and for spoiling us rotten. Poor James never ate so good in his life as he did that week. He is going through withdrawals. . . so thanks for that!! : ) We loved seeing everyone and Brody had a blast with his cousins. Our families are the best and I am so grateful to be a part of them. Thanks again for everything.


Trudging up the hill.

Brody all bundled up to go sledding!

2 comments:

Howell said...

Robynn,
I have no idea who you are...my sister is really good friends with Brittany and I clicked on hers to see her baby..and saw you as one of her friends...I had to click to yours to say...I have seriously never met any other Robynn spelled the same as my name. I was so excited..I thought I was the only one. Sorry for the invasion...Cute family though..I'm from Boise Idaho.
Robynn ( howelru@hotmail.com)

Pam said...

It looks like you all had a great time without me again :)
I don't miss that snow though. It looks so cold. BRRRRRRRRR!