Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trunk-or-Treating

Alyse in her cute bunny costume

Our two super heroes


My intimidating Batman!!

This year we were lucky enough to have cousins as well as grandma and grandpa Slade here for trunk-or-treating. Brody was a natural at trunk-or-treating. He carried his bag around and opened it up for people to put candy in it. I'm not sure he knew exactly why he was walking around with a sack, but he had a good time doing it. He received a lot of yummy treats and being the responsible mother that I am I ate most of them so he wouldn't rot his teeth! What can I say I'm a sucker for chocolate. So is my boy I'm afraid it's amazing what traits they pick up from hanging out with you.
We had a great time with James' parents and were so glad that they could come and spend a few days with us. Brody got a kick out of playing with them and loved the dvd of stories grandma made. It was fun to see family and we hope to see everyone soon.
Halloween was a little different this year because we didn't go trick-or-treating. However, we had a great time handing out candy and hanging out with Steve and Heather. I learned something this year. Always hand candy to trick-or-treaters because if you don't they will take handfuls. That's my advice to all. After running out of candy fast we watched the scariest kind of movie Steve and I can handle. . . Ironman. Yep, not scary at all that's the kind we like. I thought it was a pretty good movie, the suit was cool if nothing else. Holidays are awesome what can I say.


1 comment:

Pam said...

The kids look so cute in their costumes (glad I hung onto that one for ya).
We missed you celebrating with us this year but I'm glad you had James family to play with.